Monday, October 16, 2017

Email 10/16/17

My week has been pretty good. We were actually able to find people to teach. This last p-day was enjoyable. We had fun playing soccer with Elder Silva, the Brazilian in the senior couple; and the other Elders here. Tuesday we had a family home evening with one of the families that we are teaching. The name of the head of the household is Rafael. We are teaching him and other members in his immediate family, as well as some of his extended family. Wednesday we visited another one of our prominent investigators, Elenir. She is an elderly woman who is interested in what we are teaching. She has been nice enough to provide us with coconut juice which, surprisingly, is much better than the actual coconut. Thursday I ended up going on splits with the Brazilian in our group, Elder Borges.  I like him. We met several people that day and Elder Borges will be taking up most of them with his companion, Elder Aguilera. Friday I ended up going on splits again with Elder Borges. I enjoyed it as well. Saturday I met a new family that Elder Villalobos had not yet shown me yet. We talked and Elder Villalobos invited one of them to go to church with us and she did. Sunday we spent our time resting. Sundays here are terrible for proselyting. That night we visited the same family we visited the previous day. They listened to the lesson and one or two of them have a baptismal date. I will be visiting them on Wednesday. Today we will be leaving Cáceres to go to Cuiabá to have our zone conference. Tuesday will be the conference and I will be going on splits with one of our Zone Leaders for Wednesday. Thank you for the weekly report and the jokes the photos, as well as that spiritual thought. I have been having great trouble uploading pictures ever since I arrived here. The computers are not the same as in Cuiabá. It will take me a while to find a solution to the problem. Talk to you next week. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment