Monday, October 2, 2017

Email 10/02/17

Hey. I was able to understand more (of General Conference) than the last time I listened to it in Portuguese, though I still had a hard time getting everything that they were saying. I do not have as yet a favorite talk, but I may the next time I listen to the talks. I like the tie pin. I used it in one of the pictures that I am sending you in drive. I liked the photos of the Scales and Tails. Jemma is braver than me. I don´t even enjoy small spiders, let alone big ones. Oh Jemma can be funny.  Sounds like you had an excellent week. If you have a problem with too much Conference candy, there is never an excess of Conference candy here in Cáceres.

To start, I arrived here last Monday at 10-ish and had enough time to get home and choose a bed and have the necessities taken out of my suit cases. Tuesday we spent most of the day in the house organizing our things and that night we attended something called and exhibition or show. It was held in a square close to the bus station where I arrived. In this Branch we have senior missionaries who help us with the work. I remember them from when I was with Elder Silva they came and visited to inspect our house. Their names are also Silva, but they are both Brazilian. At the exhibition we had a table with plenty of pamphlets and Books of Mormon. I enjoyed it with my new companion Elder Villalobos and Elder Aguilera. Elder Aguilera is from Chile. Wednesday, Elder Aguilera´s companion arrived at the bus station. His name is Elder Borges and he is a Brazilian. I find it interesting that the Lord has put four Elders from four different countries in the same place. This will be interesting. Thursday we spent most of the day with a member who just arrived here and she was nice enough to buy us Subway. We received our money for the mission and our reimbursements for our light and water bills. We bought groceries and house supplies Friday morning and had a service project that afternoon which lasted until around 5-ish, but we didn't get back to the house until 6-ish, because it was so far and they don´t have a bus system here other than the one they have to get from city to city. Saturday and Sunday we enjoyed General Conference with the small amount of members we have. I still liked it. Til next week. Tchau.


Jarrek's new companion (by the light switch) Elder Villalobos, also Elders Aguilera and Elder Borges.

No comments:

Post a Comment