Monday, April 24, 2017

04/24/17 Email/Chat

Olá Familia, bom dia.  My week has been pretty good. I have had challenges, but the Lord has helped me through them. My new area is great, but it is hot. I am glad I was sent here in winter or it would be a lot worse. I usually eat with members every day except p-day for almoço (lunch), I usually eat rice and beans with every single last almoço, but they usually provide meat and something else as well a beverage of some kind; whether it be soda or juice or water. Sometimes I am favored with chicken or steak.

I forgot to tell you, but I have met possessed people and I could tell they were possessed because they recognized me. They talked and I noticed something they constantly said I love your church. Every one of them was very careful to neglect saying that they loved the Gospel or plan of Salvation. Satan is truly very cunning. I better learn how to be as wise as a serpent and yet with out sin quickly or things are only going to get more difficult here, But I know that if I exercise faith in the Lord he will help me. Sharing my testimony is not only a privilege but a responsibility. I have already seen some of the power of a testimony in the CTM. I bore mine to my instructor Sister Andrade and she looked as if that was just what she needed to give her hope.

I am here in Várzea Grande with Elder Silva my previous zone leader in Rondónopolis; who is now my District Leader.  I was a little off when I told you that I was going to Cuiabá. Várzea Grande is the area right next to it and is within walking distance of Cuiabá. Várzea Grande is a suburb of Cuiabá.   Elder Silva is now my companion and District Leader.

Now that I have left Rondonópolis I will  have to form new relationships. I met many good people there. One investigator in Rondopolis whose name is Evania called me her preferido, which I think means she really liked me. She may want to get baptized later on. Her son Ygor is the one I had the opportunity to confirm. I made friends with the Elders and some of the Sister missionaries in Rondonópolis.  I have been meeting, strangley enough, many English speaking people here in Matto Grosso. I came here to preach the gospel in Portuguese and the Lord is kind enough to provide me with some English speakers to practice. I have met, in two instances now, English speakers from the Philippines who say they are missionaries for some childrens fundraiser, and each time they have accepted a pamphlet. The first person I met after leaving the CTM was on the plane and I sat next to him. His name was Marcos and he spoke English fluently. He lives in Matto Grosso  from what he told me then. In Rondopolis I met a woman who is from Africa. She was learning Portuguese and knows English fluently. She was a great help to me in Rondonoplis.  Till next time. Valou.




No comments:

Post a Comment