Saturday, April 1, 2017

Email/Chat 03/27/17

My week was pretty good.   I have been having tests of patience, but I am getting better at overcoming them. I am doing alright. I have a family that I am teaching right now that is close to baptism. We may have some opportunities.  I am happy to hear that you have taken care of that tree (in our backyard). I am trying to think of a joke about cutting down trees, but right now I am stumped.   Oh that is great to hear that Sister Mira is having a new menina. I will miss the Miras as well.  They are great people and the things they told me and gave me are very helpful. I can´t think of very many days that I have not used the dictionary that they gave me.

I haven´t taken any pictures because the batteries die too quick for me to take very many. I buy new batteries, but they run out real quick; yet the same batteries work fine in my flashlight. I haven´t been taking pictures because I haven´t been able to. I will keep trying to find a way to solve this problem.  I will keep trying to take pictures when I have the opportunities to but I may be able to use the photos I have received from my district members in my emails.

My companions play a lot of what they call brincadieras on me and each other. Some of them are less fun than others. One thing that is a bit of problem is that my companion doesn't have any money. His family is inactive and is not supporting him.  I have to help him in order for this to work, but I am glad to buy him his needs, but I still need to be careful, because these Elders are not so hesitant to use people as others are. I am trying to help them, but I will try to be careful.



I have a family we are teaching that is nice. They are a good family. Igor is one of them and he is interested in the Gospel and the church. He comes to the English/Spanish class we have and attends sacrament with his little sister Camila. (I don't teach the class but my zone leader Elder Gomez teaches it. Sister Flake helps as well, she is an American. I help out with the class when needed but I don't actually teach it. Many people in Brazil love America and English, because America to them is a symbol of prosperity. Many members want to learn English and Spanish here.) Their Mother can't attend easily because she has work often on Sundays. Lozia and Gilmar, the investigators that I had with Elder Novaes; are progressing a bit, but we need to continue visiting them often in order for this to work.  

I will be watching General Conference in the local church.  I hope to learn much from it.   The President of the mission will be visiting my area this week. I hope to be able to learn from him. He is a good President.

Till next time. valou

No comments:

Post a Comment