Monday, March 20, 2017

Email 03/20/17

I am great.  I do like my companion. Elder Santos is a good missionary, if I did not mention it before he is from the same place as my first companion. Salvador, Brazil.  His father is from Africa so he knows how to speak a bunch of English, but when it comes to understanding it, it´s a little different.  My Portuguese is coming better.  The Lord is making it possible for me to teach. The gift of tongues is real.  I am nearly entirely healed.  Missionary life is getting better. Brazil is great. Their laws here are almost the opposite of the ones we have in America. My world was literally turned upside down.  Bytheway, almost every house here has a dog somewhere near it.

Just to let you all know, during the time I had at Provo, the Lord provided me with many things I can´t obtain here such as a tiny Portuguese hymn book or a laminated tiny version of my patriarchal blessing.

Often twice a week we travel to the mission home. I must visit there on P-day and on other days for the district meeting and on occasion the zone meetings.  We are having success due to help from the Lord. We are teaching two families right now.  The house issue has been resolved.  I know that God allows Satan to test us with afflictions and trials so that he can work our patience. 

I love that dad is such a hard worker. I want to be just like him. Thank you both for being such good parents. I will try to have a better week.  Thank you all for your support whether that be emotional, physical, spiritual, etc.  Tchau!


No comments:

Post a Comment