Monday, March 19, 2018

Email 03/19/18

My week was pretty good. I like my new companion. He is a lot like me, in at least a few senses if the word. He likes chess. He has a bunch of family in the Church. His name is Élder Claper.  He is from São Paulo. He follows the spirit pretty well.

Monday was good. We had a normal P-day, up until we found out that Elder Luiz Claudio was leaving for Matto Grosso do Sul. He packed up and we got a ride from a member to the Rodoviária in place of having to use the bus. That was nice. I then went to the Mission Secretary and left for Pedra 90 with the Elders from Coxipo and Pedra 90. I slept there. Tuesday was crazy we got up and got ready and left Pedra 90 taking a bus for Coxipo to have lunch and afterwards returned by bus to Pedra 90 to get something that one of the Elders from Coxipo had forgotten. We then returned to Coxipo to wait for advisement on the plan for my new companion. We found out that he would be coming late that evening to Industriario, and so we took another bus to Industriario and waited there. He arrived there around ten-ish. We had our Zone Conference the next morning at 8 a.m. We made it there a bit late, but luckily so did most of the others. I enjoyed that. Wednesday through Saturday was enjoyable. We visited a bunch of members and some of our investigators. Sunday was good. Elder Claper is a good companion. He is better than some of my others, although I have liked the majority of them.

I like that they are finally permitting the Priests to do that. They technically have had authority to do so since before temples were being built in these last days.  Oh I forgot, I will be leaving Brazil for the United States on December 17 not the fourteenth. I was given a new release date. Thank you for the news. It helps. Thank you for the jokes. Thank you for the thought. Have a great week. Tchau.


Mateus, a recent convert.


A family I love. We were teaching them and trying to get them to come to church.


This photo is of when we were in Pedra 90 to have our District meeting. Elder Novaes was there and it was his last week in the mission. We did something traditional and that is what the photo is showing.


Me at a service project.

No comments:

Post a Comment