Monday, May 8, 2017

05/08/17 Email/Chat

My week has been pretty good. I had some challenges, but they are lightening up. My English class is going better. I am having help from a member. Tomorrow she will bring a book that will help a lot with teaching them. It’s is going alright with my pesquisadors. One family came to sacrament meeting a few days after we first met them. President Oliviera didn’t mention a time exactly for skyping with our families, he just said two hours, no more. I will probably be provided with what I need to get to skype. So far as I know I can´t use Hangouts. The Lord works in mysterious ways. He is over all. I do not know the exact time that I will be skyping on Sunday, but as I have been learning, if I trust the Lord to take care of and take no thought for my life, you´ll be on right when I need you to be. I have been learning here just how powerful the Lord is at fulfilling his word. He has not failed to help me when I exercise faith in him and my patriarchal blessing.  In other words I have no idea when I will be skyping with you on Sunday. Church starts for me at 8:30 here. I will probably be skyping with you in the afternoon.

I have had trouble adjusting to the way they do things here. Did you read the email that I sent to Mom about the possessed people that I have met?  But to put it plainly, I have met at least two. My companions just call them crazy, but I know otherwise. The first man I met was in the wilderness alone with no one else. I knew he was possessed. He was not a deceived person. He did nothing to try and convince me to do anything that I should not. He just kept shaking my hand and saying over and over I love your Church. This guy was not in his right mind like Sherem was. He was like unto the man the the Savior met in the wilderness that was possessed with a legion of devils, but I don´t how many this man had. He was definitely not like unto Korihor. I met this man at the outskirts of my area in Rondopolis. I have authority to rebuke them but I leave them alone.

I remember one of the Apostles or members of the Seventy saying something: "Life is not meant to be consistently pleasant. In the coming time even the wisest of you will struggle." Or something along the lines of that. I think that it was in the October Conference or somewhere else.

See you next week on Dia das Mães and your birthday. Tchau.

Picture of Jarrek with his companion Elder Silva and a couple in his mission, the Silva's (not related to Jarrek's companion).


No comments:

Post a Comment