Monday, February 6, 2017

Email 02/06/17

My week has been a good week.  I am keeping very busy and learning quite a lot. I am learning a lot of Portuguese and plenty about the culture here in Brazil. I am liking my first area here in Rondonopolis. It rains every so often, so I am grateful for my umbrella. Me and my companion are teaching at least two people a day, depending on the day. We usually always tract. I am doing better with the language. God is helping me understand them and speak to them and teach them. Are the names of the Sisters in my district named Sister Kahr and Sister Atkinson? I am sorry you were in a minor accident, but I am glad to hear that you and Jemma are alright. I am also happy to hear that Jemma is healthy. It is good that Jeffrey is staying busy. It is great that Jeffrey is participating in plays. I am happy to hear you obtained pictures from my mission president. It is good to hear that Jemma is developing more and more. Thank you for the scriptures and the thought I will try to use it well in my mission. I would update you all with how many Books of Mormon I have given out, but I don’t exactly know how many. We don’t really record that here; but I do know at least how many lessons we have taught. It’s around thirty-three. If you want my mission pictures just go to box.com and you will find them there. If you need the password, just ask. On another note, the members and people in general here are very nice. Last week, when my district and I left for that conference about the schedule change for missionaries; I had the opportunity to meet an inactive member in the street. I was just singing a Portuguese hymn and he was walking along by me. He then started to sing along with me. I found out that he lives in Curitiba, but would be in Rondonopolis for a little while. My companion and I talked with him for a while and he left, I probably will not see him again, but it was nice meeting him. Concerning the conference, I liked the changes that were made to the missionary schedule throughout the world. My mission president adjusted the schedule for us and we now get up at seven and our time is more free for us to choose what we do. I am very grateful for this and I hope to use it to its full potential. Well until next week. Tchau.

No comments:

Post a Comment