Monday, January 30, 2017

Email 1/30/17

I have traveled from Cuiabá to Rondonopolis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rondon%C3%B3polis), my first area (looks like it is Southeast of Cuiaba); I have already proselyted for 50 hours. My new companion’s name is Elder Novaes. He is good so far as I can see. He is from Bahia, Brazil.

The wards here are massive. It takes me and my companion thirty minutes of walking to get to one of the members houses. I have already given three Books of Mormon to Pesquisadors (Investigators). I am sorry to hear that Jeffrey was sick, and on such an important day as well. I hope that he gets better soon so that he can enjoy his time in student council. I am glad that Jostan is practicing driving. ´´Cookie dough makes her strong. ´´ Oh that is pretty funny. I am glad Jemma still has her wonderful sense of humor going. Tell Jonah I am doing alright. I have adjusted for the most part with Missionary life, but I still have many things to learn as I am the Junior companion. I miss Julia and you all and I am glad I have the opportunity every week to email you. I haven’t seen any Jaguars yet. I hope to see them when I go to the North, but not in the wild. I would probably have to see them in a zoo or something. I have seen many birds and dogs, otherwise not much yet. I have spent most of my time in cities. If you all are interested, my new companion’s name is Elder Novaes. I live in a house with 5 others. I hope to be able to adjust to my situation quickly. Thank you for the thought and for your prayers. I hope to email you all again soon. If any of you have any specific or general questions about my mission or area, please ask and I will do my best to answer them.


My typical day is hot and humid, and I usually walk several miles a day if not more. We proselyte most of the day in neighborhoods with members and Pesquisadors. I have not yet received the new rules, but I am going to receive them today at the zone conference I am going to in Cuiabá, but from what Grandma Nelson told me my schedule will be changing for the better. Otherwise, I don’t know the changes in the rules. I am adjusting to the food and culture slowly, but surely. The food is generally good. The weather is either really hot or rainy or cloudy either way it is usually always hot. I do like my companion; he is an enthusiastic missionary for proselyting. He follows the spirit well and knows what he is doing. I love the people and they are interesting. It (the culture) is almost the opposite of ours in many aspects. They have no right to bear arms for citizens and so everything needs to be locked up tight. I hope to be able to learn a lot about the culture as I go on. So far, I like the food.


Mission home address:

Elder Jarrek Spencer Nelson
Brazil Cuiabá Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonça, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CEP: 78050-975 Cuiabá – MT
Brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment