Monday, August 28, 2017

Email 8/28/17

Thank you Mom for another great email. I have been having interesting weeks ever since I got here to Brazil, but just know the Lord is taking good care of me, and it sounds from the many emails I have received from you that he has been blessing you well; which I am grateful for. A solar eclipse, that is awesome.  I didn´t know that that was happening. It is fulfilling the signs of the times. Since I have arrived here in my mission I have seen many blood red moons. The Lord gave them as a sign to his faithful children that the day of his advent is nigh at hand. Thank you for telling me that the sun became as sackloth. That´s another sign the Lord has provided for us. This week was a good week. On Tuesday we had English class again and a hot dog activity. Their hot dogs aren't bad. Wednesday we visited a very nice woman named Eva. She is very interested in our message and is reading the Book of Mormon. Thursday I had splits with an Elder Da Silva.  He is a good missionary and we visited a few good families. Friday we had a district meeting and that night we had another English class. Saturday we attended another baptism and my companion was the one who baptized. Her name is Yris and she is a member of the São Matues Branch. She was confirmed yesterday by Elder W. Silva, my companion.  My new companion is a responsible person with records, so far as I can tell. My investigators are doing alright. I have plenty of photos that I put into Drive for you to see. I am grateful for the information and news that you give me from week to week. The Lord has been providing for my temporal needs as he promised he would do for his Elders in the Doctrine and Covenants. Thank you for the Jokes and the Thought. The information from home is very helpful. I have needed it to keep me safe. The fact that you are alright is giving me good indications that I am doing well. Just know that Satan will try as he can to tempt me to break my covenants.  In my Patriarchal Blessing it mentions "Know that Satan is real, and that it is his desire to tempt you and persuade you to violate Sacred covenants, but if you will stay close to the church, your parents, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ you will be able to rise above any of his temptations." You sending me emails is helping me keep my covenants. I am grateful the Lord is still helping me. Thank you for listening to him, when he gives you promptings to do things for me. Thank you for the emails. Até Mais.






No comments:

Post a Comment