Monday, December 19, 2016

First P Day Email from MTC

Everyone in my District is going to Brazil and they are all here because they didn't get their Visas. Two of my roommates are going to Cuiaba, but my companion is going to Teresina. Yesterday I had an enjoyable Sabbath. I partook of the Sacrament in an assembly hall. My District later split up and went to Priesthood. After priesthood we went on a temple trip.  I took pictures, but I forgot my cord so I will have to upload them later. As we were going back from that I saw and hugged Sean Barrett (friend from the Woodview Ward).  I forgot he was here. Before dinner I went on splits with Elder Barnes in my district to choir. They had so many come that we couldn’t fit them all in front of the piano and conductor. They had to sit by the piano. After that I had Dinner and talked with Sister Sperry (mom’s cousin’s daughter), then my District went to a devotional in the 18M Assembly Hall, the same place as the choir. The devotional featured The Piano Guys. We heard Steven Sharp Nelson, Jon Schmidt, Al Van Der Beek, and Paul Anderson. They also showed their Silent Night Video. They played music in between and during each of their talks. I enjoyed seeing them and hearing their live music. After the devotional we heard and watched a recorded talk by Elder Bednar in the same place as the devotional. I enjoyed his talk. I am enjoying MTC life, but that doesn't mean I don't miss you. I hope to hear back from you soon.



Elder Jarrek Nelson




I met an Aubrey Sperry who says that Harrison Sperry is her Grandpa, I am talking about the Polygamist Great Great Great Grandfather: Her name is Aubrey Sperry and her parent’s names are Scott Sperry and Alisa Sperry. Is this the Sperry you told me I would meet? On another note this same Aubrey used to be the girlfriend of my companion Elder Davis. Hope to hear back from you soon. She is going to Trinidad if that makes any difference.


Elder Jarrek Nelson


From Joy:  Aubrey Sperry is my cousin Scott's daughter.  I told Jarrek to watch for her as she is his second cousin and I hoped they would meet at the MTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment